I’m a big fan of dishes that are both sweet and savory so this prosciutto and pear panini with brie cheese hits the spot for me. I feel the sweet and refreshing taste of the pear blends well with the savory flavor of the prosciutto. Brie cheese is delicious and pairs well with just about anything so it’s the perfect addition to this sandwich. Not to mention the tang of the honey mustard sauce which balances out this sandwich perfectly.
Packing this Prosciutto and Pear Sandwich on the go.
Although I most often enjoy this sandwich at home as a panini, there are other options. You can make this sandwich the night before or in the morning and refrigerate until you’re ready to enjoy. If you do prefer a warm sandwich, another option is to heat the sandwich in the toaster. I’ve been experimenting a lot with these toaster bags from Amazon.com and have had a lot of luck. See my recipe for chorizo and refried bean burritos.
For those of you with kitchen space at work or even at your desk, this sandwich can be prepared at the office. All of the ingredients will last the week in a fridge so you can store them at work and prepare at lunch time.
- 2 halves French Bread
- 1 Bartlett Pear
- 3 to 4 slices Brie cheese
- 2 pieces Prosciutto
- Honey Mustard to taste
- Butter for bread (if pan frying)
- Spread honey mustard onto each slice of french bread. Thinly slice pear and brie cheese.
- Add prosciutto, pear, and brie slices to one piece of the french bread and top with remaining bread slice.
- If pan frying, butter both (outer) sides of the bread. Heat up a pan on low heat and toast both sides of the sandwich until brie cheese is melted (10 – 15 min).